Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Outsourced

I call my blog 'Outsourced' as a joke, as I remember being quite amused (mostly while inebriated) by the idea of 'outsourcing' myself to Eastern Europe. American firms could outsource jobs here, hire americans, and the Czech economy would benefit by selling mass quantities of beer, spurring an economic boom that could only be called 'frothy'. Please excuse that. But I just discovered that a colleague at my office has an even more amazing story. He was working for my company in Germany, doing the same thing I do here. He was fired, as the company is moving positions to Eastern Europe for the cost savings. He was then recruited to come here and work in the SAME POSITION. He has actually been Outsourced. My co-workers are less impressed with this than I. My excitement, I suppose, is just discovering the truly outsourced man. Akin to finding the small irish man who dresses in green and sends you in search of treasure, or maybe even the floating emaciated hindu guru whose levitation cannot be ascribed to leaf-and-twig nutrition and a frisky monsoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home