Thursday, June 16, 2005

Bumpkins and welfare reform

I have some hilbilly relatives. I guess everyone does, sort of. The relatives that come from some obscure part of your family, that are related to you somehow but you're not exactly sure. And you have no real interest in finding out. Anyway I remember a few years ago my Dad visited these afore-mentioned hillfolk, and told me a little bit about their trip. Besides the fact that they have outhouses (outhouses! in the 21st century!) they were all on disability. I asked my dad what disability they actually had, and he was a bit vague. After a while I figured out that they weren't disabled, they just had an interest in collecting a check. This is one of the many reasons why I support welfare reform. I also support hunting down people that abuse the system too much. Like this guy. He claimed to be virtually unable to walk, while instead he spent his time wrestling alligators. I like this quote:

Other papers found at the home also suggested his injuries were not as serious as he claimed, prosecutor Theresa Loftus said. "A large amount of documentation was found -- a series of certificates showing this defendant's progress from a white belt to a black belt in the sport of ju jitsu," she said.
That's fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home