Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Freak Storm

Around the time my Dad and i walked home, I noticed the sky turning dark. It was perhaps the hottest day of the year so I was looking forward to a cooling shower. Dad went back to my place to take a nap, and I took the opportunity to run some errands. As I stood at the tram stop the wind starting blowing strongly, sending dust and grit and leaves into my face. I jumped on the tram just as the first drops of rain began to fall. And fell it did. Well, it more blew sideways. It was like the humid air had suddenly condensed, turning everything into water. Everything was soaked, and it hadn't even cooled off from the ridiculous heat. The rain started to pound harder and harder, and I noticed the guy next to me failing to close the roof vent on the tram. I stood up, and like a brave fool, tried to close the thing. The rain was pouring in, i was nasty sweaty, and suddenly everyone moved away from me. Then I noticed that large pieces of ice were slamming into my now-unprotected scalp. I was like 'what the hell', and realized that it was hailing. on the hottest day of the year golfball-sized blocks of ice were falling from the sky. Everyone sat on the tram , staring in amazement as the sound of a warzone enveloped our rickety public transportation. The doors opened at my tramstop, and I just smiled and sat back down. There was no way in hell I was going out in that. I went a couple more stops, and suddenly it all ended. I jumped off the tram, and watched in amazement as a weird flood of water rushed down Wenceslas Square. You couldn't see the road anywhere, everything was just muddy water. The trams stopped running, so I got lazy and sat at a cafe until the emergency busses came and took me 2 tramstops up the hill to my apartment. That was weird, weird weather. But today it was sunny and 60, so I'm cool with that. Oh, check out these crazy pictures

7 Comments:

At 6/01/2005 03:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I need you to ask Dad if he put money into my account before he left. Hope ya'll are havin an awesome time!

 
At 6/01/2005 04:42:00 PM, Blogger nick said...

Amanda - I do have email. This message doesn't belong as a blog comment.

Anyway he transferred on Saturday morning, so it should be there by now

 
At 11/23/2005 08:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog nick. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for wine cellar equipment related information and found your site. I have a wine cellar equipment site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

 
At 11/25/2005 03:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there nick, I was just browsing, looking for wine cellar rack related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a wine cellar rack site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

 
At 12/02/2005 02:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts nick. I was looking for wine cellar rack related information and found your site. I have a wine cellar rack site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 12/14/2005 05:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there nick, I was just browsing, looking for wine cellar equipment related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a wine cellar equipment site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

 
At 1/09/2006 09:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts nick. I was looking for wine cooling system related information and found your site. I have a wine cooling system site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home