Thursday, April 07, 2005

Terminal Velocity

It is customary to give up your seat to the old people on the tram. Because there is no european version of florida, the old people here are particularly decrepit. Most people are polite enough to move and let the foagie sit down, which they usually do with excruciating sound effects/gaseous emmissions. I object in no way to this. What I do object to are the people that aren't quite old enough to be worthy of it yet. They get on the tram and come and stand right next to me. I look at them, especially their dyed hair, and figure that if some fifty year old woman can dye her hair bright red then she can stand for two stops until I get off the metro. She'll huff and puff a little bit, and look longingly at everyone else sitting down, but my pity is reserved for those ancient ladies that make even the oldsters give up their seats. Oh, and I hate the women with those cards. Some people get a government card that says you must give up your seat to them. I was on the metro once when some old woman got on board. she looked around wildly, than shot at me like a banshee, screaming and thrusting her card at me. I was so shocked and confused that i stood up before i even knew what was happening. she sat down and looked extremely contented. It must have been the highlight of her month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home