Tuesday, February 21, 2006

New York, NY

New York was fine. I spent two days on Long Island, becoming acquainted with a number of colleagues whom I will never see again. On thursday we visited another site in Connecticut, which involved a fun ferry ride over near New Haven. The northeast is really weird, I must say. On Friday night I went out to NYC to visit my old Prague school buddies, Brian and Paul. I met Brian on the 8th floor of the Mariott hotel on Times square, where we drank beers and watched new york prepare for its evening decadence. the fact that i considered my 6 doller beer cheap just shows how depraved i had become. The evening was predictibly beer hazed, with myself and Brian finding our way through a vast array of Midtown and East Village booze haunts. We had quite a good time, and retired with a hot dog that resembled a budding religious movement, topped off with a six pack of Dos Equis. No complaints there. Saturday Brian accompanied me to the Apple store, where I purchased a small gift for my gf. That place is bizzare, by the way. They have this small auditorium set up so people can learn how to use their Mac. Brian claims the place is a notorious singles hangout, and I could understand why. That place was sexy, and the people there were feedin' off those vibes. Normally i wouldn't write such a dubious statement, but just go there and try to disagree. Just try. Oh, and saturday was topped off with the flight overseas and back to my normal booze-dens of prague. good to be home.

2 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 11:26:00 PM, Blogger sarah said...

fill me in on new haven... how weird is it? and will u visit me when i'm there?

 
At 2/22/2006 03:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, those apple stores are nuts. But they're also ingenius at the same time. I find them to be insipring. Almost like going to a top-notch museum. I sense some deeper connection to humanity when i go to those capitalist monstrosities. and i like it.

-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home