Friday, February 03, 2006

A difficult job

I have discovered a totally novel phenomenon in my new position: fatigue. Last evening my old boss took myself and my colleague Pavol out for dinner and a drink. At least that was the plan. Around 10 he started ordering shots of slivovice and things became hazy. Needless to say it was hard to reconcile my new hours (starting at 9am) with my usual drinking habits. This has coincided with my becoming quite busy due to the new position, training/learning and new responsibilities. Basically it’s Friday afternoon and I’m tired as shit. I’m happy though as I find my new job quite interesting and challenging. I am learning a lot of interesting systems and complex excel modeling formulas, which is a definite advantage. I’m not such a fan of my new addiction to a cup of coffee in the morning. And I don’t care for the alarm clock in the morning. One nice thing about working the afternoon shift is the ability to sleep until you wake up. Never had to worry about showing up late to work…it’s pretty damn hard to sleep past one (at least for me, as opposed to my nocturnal sibling). Update on NYC: I will be in the city from around 6 or 7 in the evening on Friday the 17th, leaving for prague at 6pm on Saturday the 18th. I have to be back at work on Monday, as my boss will be flying from the US to Prague. So for all my friends in the City (and those not too lazy to fly from the great white north), come and share a beer with me to celebrate my new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home