Sunday, November 27, 2005

Crap! I'm using british spelling.

Ben and Michele noticed that I have indeed been using British spelling. Surprisingly enough, this isn't because I'm living in Europe. In actuality, the blame lies solely with that damn English rag, The Economist. "Favourite, Colour, Labour, bloody hell, and lots of other things that I can't pronounce". There are several British guys in my office that may be from England but absolutely DO NOT speak the English language. They put together a string of words that I can almost understand, but the sentences make no sense, and they guffaw at every other phrase. idiots. I understand my cheese-eating surrender monkey roommate better than them. Speaking of the surrender monkey, I've put together a bet with him that will enrich me soon enough. That chain-smoking bastard got too drunk last night and bet that he could give up smoking for a week. I bet him I could give up beer and television. The loser has to cough up 2000 crowns ($80 bucks or so). I'm confident I'll be buying beer with his blood-money for a good week or so.

1 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 04:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of bets - you still owe me for Kurt Warner not making the hall of fame and for Cedric Benson being the lead-in for a Longhorn segment on SportCentre (that's how they spell it in Canada).

Sucker.

-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home