Wednesday, November 16, 2005

1 year of nonsense

If anyone noticed, today is my first Blogiversary. I have completely failed in my initial hope of creating a ‘politically balanced and insightful commentary on the dangers and advantages of outsourcing’. Instead you get ham-handed attempts at writing about Prague, links to obviously stupid news stories, and Michal Jackson jokes. I feel like there are a number of reasons for these failures: My command of the English language: Definitely falling. Remember: I spend a significant portion of my day with people who can’t pronounce the letter ‘W’. Immaturity: The other night I got home from work and watched the 11pm ‘Beavis and Butthead. This is the exact same thing I did when I was 13. Some things really don’t change. Slang: Disconnected from the American slacker homeland, I’ve acquired a weird old-timey twang. And I don’t use the word ‘crunk.’ Work: I spend all day using logic to figure out financial problems*. This doesn’t exactly get the creative juices flowing, and makes everything I write sound like a book report. *Please note this sentence is 100% false. Nonetheless I appreciate everyone taking the time out of his or her busy days and reading my web ramblings. Hopefully I’ll improve, probably I’ll just keep writing the same old crap. If you’re happy with that, keep coming back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home