Thursday, September 29, 2005

Birthday etc...

I just want to thank everyone for wishing me a happy birthday. Being 25 is a bit weird, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought. For some reason, 25 feels younger than 24. Although that's absolute nonsense... Amanda - I would like to read that book - maybe Christmas? Sarah - dont' be concerned about my wine drinking - I am going to PilsnerFest this weekend, which should speak for itself. Myriah - There is no such thing as 'beer garden hopping'. That goes against the basic essence of the beergarden. Come over and I'll show you how it's done. _____________________ I came across this article yesterday, talking about new Syracuse Quarterbacks Coach Major Applewhite. For some reason that made me nostalgic, as that quarterback controversy between Simms and Applewhite was a significant feature of my college years. But I love this paragraph:

College football fans could never escape the seemingly endless quarterback controversy in Austin, Texas - which began during Applewhite's junior year when he and Simms split time - and can't even escape today. During ESPN2's telecast of the Syracuse-Virginia game Saturday, cameras continually zoomed in on the former Texas star, prompting color commentator David Norrie to endorse Applewhite for a competition four years dead.
We didn't win a national championship, but had the greatest quarterback controversey in recorded history. I'll walk into a bar in 30 years and people will still be arguing about it. That'll bring me back... And i'll be that old guy that breaks into the conversation spouting nonsense, bringing up stats and talking about 'intangibles' as the guys stare at each other in amazement and confusion. Those crazy old guys suck.

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 07:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you really coming home for Christmas or is that merely a myth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home