Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Boozefest 2K5, pt. 2*

On monday morning I began scouring the internet, trying to figure out how to extend my Boozefest 2005 to this weekend. I gave up yesterday, and decided to spend my time writing a philosophical thesis. Well that's all out the window, 'cause now I'm going to Vinohradské Vinobraní 2005 Anyway Vinohradske Vinobrani will take place about 5 minutes walk from my front door, so I can't actually miss it. The whole thing is a celebration of the wine harvest, and much Burcak will be consumed. Check this out:

This year will carry with it the celebratory spirit of the 650th anniversary of coronation of Charles IV as Roman emperor. Thus, there will be no shortage of historical characters, knights, cavalrymen, conjurers, fireworkers, and musicians. They will all strive to make sure the common men – apart from indulging in first-quality wine from Moravia and young wine from Velké Pavlovice – also enjoy themselves. Visitors can look forward to medieval crafts, juggler performances, musical and dancing shows, a tournament of mounted knights, and demonstrations of falconry skills. Furthermore, those who come will be able to measure their forces against one another in a range of enological contests.
Enological apparently means 'the art of making wine'. The great thing about the wine festival is that I can pretend to be some sort of urban sophisticate, quaffing the esthers rising from my glass of pinot noir, while in fact i'm just getting trashed with my friends. This year's festival will also feature Vlasta Horvath, winner of the Czech version of American Idol. I'll probably go, 'cause the guy does a monster version of Europe's 'The Final Countdown', which is perhaps the world's strangest cover song. I can't describe in words how excited I am by this. Look for pictures on Monday. *Please note that Boozefest 2005 has been named Boozefest 2K5, in order to appeal to my urban viewers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home