Sunday, June 26, 2005

Salzburg


IMG_1982
Originally uploaded by nickmoles.

Salzburg was nice and touristy. There was a really cool beerhall that we went to, though. It had fantastic heffeweizen (wheat beer) made on site. My mom liked it, and kept calling it 'the banana beer', even though it didn't taste like banana, but a very fresh heffeweizen. As a beer fundamentalist I found phrases like 'i want another banana beer' and 'the banana beer is better than beer at home!' offensive. My parents retired early that night. Jana and I drunkenly wandered around salzburg at night, eventually ending up at the castle gates, which were closed. Probably to prevent people like me from pissing on something old and pretty.

1 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 05:51:00 PM, Blogger sarah said...

i wrote my whole college application essay on my trip to Salzburg and how the Sound of Music house on our self-guided tour was NOT *THE* Sound of Music house. A devestating realization. Apparently an 18 year old discovering that movies aren't real life is good enough fodder to get ya into the b-school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home