Thursday, August 25, 2005

Monkey Business

Pardon my lack of posting. I’m currently embroiled in a good bit of politicking at my place of employment. Trying to get promoted means letting everyone know what you want to do, and making they understand you aren’t going to settle for anything less. I’m quite ill-suited to it, since I am usually polite and unassertive in settings that require much more frank discussions. I’ve spent the week in a series of convoluted meetings, trying to figure out where the logic block lies in my path to the proverbial pot of gold. Today I have identified that block, and I will have a meeting with the block next week. I will make it clear that the block’s ideas on my future aren’t going to work, as I have no interest in following the assumed path. Success at this point looks questionable, but I have definitely learned a great deal during this experience. Truthfully, I guess I’m relearning how to be a competitive monkey up in those trees, far away from the nurturing bosom of hearth and home-tree. I’m gonna get my apples one way or another.

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 11:28:00 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Since Nick didn't do it, I'm going to have to plug my own blog. Its also to the right -->
Right between his sister's and joey's... was this an honest oversight, or a blantant snub?

 
At 8/28/2005 08:59:00 PM, Blogger nick said...

Sorry, Sarah. I was just citing the fact that the two english majors have had extremely amusing blogs lately. not that yours isn't, but it doesn't have the same 'literary quality' that a useless english degree apparently brings to blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home