Friday, November 26, 2004

The night begins

Well, it's 7:50. My quest to watch the Texas-Texas a&M football game has begun. I have arrived at Jama over 1.5 hours early, to make sure that no one else shows up demanding to watch their football game. This worked last time: I got here 2 hours early for OU-UT. About an hour after I got here a Michigan fan got here. Some Alabama/tennessee/etc fans showed up later. I'm hedging my bets. And this place has free internet and good beer anyway, so why not get here early? Anyway: Jama. I like this place. They have good hamburgers. The place claims to be an American Pub, which differentiates it from the legion of British/Irish/English pubs. Or Czech pubs, for that matter. Interestingly, they seem to be the only place in prague with free Wi-Fi. This means that instead of hanging out at pretentious coffeeshops debating the finer points of Camus, I spend my time watching the Armed Forces Network, drinking beer, and surfing the web. Somehow I've come to prague and become more american.... So: Here I am. The backroom has a private party, but the surly waitress put me in here anyway. I have a beer, i have a blog, and hopefully soon I will have football. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home