Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Tuesday

Interesting weekend. My cousin was in town, so I showed him around. By ‘showing him around’ I mean I took him to some cool pubs. Of course I made them walk all over town to find places I liked, but they enjoyed it. They were like ‘we’ll stop anywhere, don’t worry’ – but if you visit me you’re gonna go to the best places, damn it. None of these touristy-pizza joints, no place where you’ll pay more than a dollar fifty for a beer. This is my pledge. And hot girls will come along too. Seriously. Things that have been obsessing me lately: my new apartment has TV. Free. Cable. With 10 english-language channels. And a dedicated-Czech Reality TV station. I feel like a drug addict, 2 years out of rehab, who suddenly finds himself with the world’s largest crack rock. Must….resist….. Oh yeah, and the election in Ukraine. Fascinating story for me, living in a country that went through the same thing a few years ago. Basically a Russian tycoon just ‘won’ the election there. There are 200,000 people in the main square protesting. Apparently they’re trying to take over the presidential palace. It’s really quite amazing. And of course, American papers don’t say too much. Read the Guardian, or the Financial Times. IHT. Something besides the Nashville Post or whatever. So that’s my spiel for today. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, so I’ll post my review of socialized medicine on Thursday. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home