Friday, March 18, 2005

What the hell? Stop blowing up Prague.


rockinprague
Originally uploaded by nickmoles.

So I'm wasting time on the internet, when I come across this article about the movie 'Spy-Hunter', with the Rock. I like the Rock, and have ever since he got in the wrestling ring and yelled 'If you SMELLLLLLLL......what the ROCK...IS...COOKIN!'. That doesn't really make any grammatical sense, but believe me, it was awesome. The guy had more charisma than every other wrestler combined, which makes it weird that he's been so crappy in movies.

Anyway, this isn't an ode to the ROCK. I came across the picture above, and said 'What the hell?' Isn't that PRAGUE? This is the essential problem of the movie industry - you don't realize how many movies are actually filmed here. I guess it's how the people in NY or LA feel, seeing Tom Cruise in some crappy action movie walking down the same street they take to get to the grocery store.

I'm tired of seeing things exploding in Prague. I'm tired of seeing Vin Diesel stop a biological weapon from going off next to Charles Bridge. I'm tired seeing Tom Cruise and various spy-like activities taking place on charles bridge. I'm tired of seeing Van Helsig and his vampire hunters walking under the Charles Bridge. And NOW, I'm apparently going to have to sit through watching the ROCK drive a futuristic car over the Charles Bridge (Which is PEDESTRIAN ONLY, PEOPLE!!) followed by a Tank, which appears to have set fire to a number of STONE STATUES. And blown up a church. This movie is going to feature a russian arms dealer as the baddie (just a guess!) who doesn't like that the ROCK is messing with his turf.

I hope the ROCK gets out of the car and throws a large piece of wood at the tank, like he did in the trailer for that movie I didn't see.

Oh yeah, for the article go here.
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19672

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home