Wednesday, March 16, 2005

On Weather

Weather in Austin wasn’t particularly consistent. One day it would be a sunny and pleasant 70, the next a cold and rainy thirty. This, as always, provided constant entertainment. I, in particular, remember blue-tinged fratboys in shorts and sandals wandering through a blizzard. And those girls that would put on overcoats when it dropped below seventy. But here in Prague it’s a bit more consistent. Read: cold. For the past two months it’s literally been frozen. Sidewalks covered in snow, the air a harsh slap as soon as I went outside. Sunday was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Today it is about 60. Think about that – that’s a 40 degree jump in 3 days. It hasn’t been sixty here since October or so. I’m ecstatic, and can barely stand to be at work today. I’m looking forward to my lunch break so that I may go outside. I need to get addicted to something, so that I can hang around outside the building in the warmth. Maybe since smokers can take smoke breaks I can take beer breaks. Hm, maybe I won’t bring that up with management…

1 Comments:

At 3/17/2005 05:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Nick..all of your weather posts are really making me rethink this whole moving to Prague thing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home