Monday, March 14, 2005

Onset of Spring

This was a pretty relaxed weekend. I went out to La Fabrique on friday, which was a disappointment as a club. The upstairs was mildly functional as a pub, with lots of traditional wood and subdued lighting, but the dance floor was a sausage factory. A british sausage festival. There was this nasty brit dancing near me who looked like he was about to puke the whole time - gyrating chaotically, with a generally pallid expression and dazed countenance. I saw the same guy at Prague Castle doing touristy stuff 2 days later, and he looked about the same. Apparently he's a refugee from the shallow end of the gene pool. I showed Jon's girlfriend, Melena, around the city on saturday and sunday. Sort of a warm-up to the big parental visit in June. I realized I need to crack open the guidebook - i was saying things like 'there is some church' and 'in this square touts try to give you flyers for strip clubs and brothels'. It was really cool when 1 second after that some guy walked up to me (me w/three females) and tried to give me a brothel flyer. Absolutely amazing, how does that guy get paid? That reminds me of one of those grand schemes that people discuss from time to time. I've spoken of my potentially lucrative foagie boondoggle previously. I have an even better idea now, though. There is a large problem in Prague - drunk british people. You may think 'oh, well that's economically good for the country'. Actually not - the british cause a disproportionate number of crimes (like defacing public art, and defacating on public art) and skew the economy away from more wholesome tourism to sex and alcohol-based hedonism. remember, this isn't normal czech stuff, this is highly focused on the british market. The british get the impression that this city is a brothel. no art. no history. brothel. so isn't that what we should give them? Build a town 20 minutes from the airport, well away from normal people. Populate it with atmosphere-less irish pub warehouses. Import those thai massage women. I would run the business where you give the groups identical shirts saying 'kenny's sex and beer tour 2k4'. There are a wealth of opportunities - notably in organized crime. that's the main problem - this would just be a way of transferring the assets of lower-middle-class british men to the russian mafia. Economically it makes sense, but there's simply too much of a chance of having my knees broken with a rusty crowbar. count me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home