Monday, January 24, 2005

Snowstorm

It's snowing like crazy outside. As a Texan, I vacillate between finding this frightening and exciting. On one hand, it turns the city a rather pretty shade for a bit, covering up the nasty greyness of post-communist Eastern Europe. On the other hand, trying to get from a party in Dejvice to my home in Zizkov by night tram, with a stop for a Gyro, in the middle of a snowstorm really really sucks. I woke up on Sunday afternoon and my Economist, which lives in the front pocket of my coat, was all stiff and stuck together due to the insidious storm. Luckily it’s still readable, because if not I’d be stuck on the Metro every morning with nothing to look at but my fellow weirdos.

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2005 07:21:00 PM, Blogger sarah said...

mmm... Gyros... the kind in the long, flat bread, overflowing with meaty-goodness... that's what I miss about europe. enough cholesterol and animal fat to kill a healthy human being... not THAT is good stuff!
is bush on the cover of this week's economist in europe, too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home