Friday, January 21, 2005

Fridaze

The girlfriend is at her flat today, home sick with a cough. This apparently isn't abuse of the government's generous illness benefits - she claims to be incapacitated. I hope this doesn't interfere with her promise to cook me dinner. My new years resolutions are resounding failures: I swear too much, drink too much, and hang around too many pubs. I guess i'll have to get addicted to crack before I can be born-again and become the 55th President of the United States. My inaguration will consist entirely of a giant taco dinner on the Washington mall. Considering Latinos will make up 437% of the American population by that time, a good Siesta sounds like the perfect way to start. As for Friday: I am going to try to avoid spending my entire weekend in dank, underground pubs. Tomorrow I will find a gym so i can exercise (?Activity without beer!?!) and go to a party (drinking will be at the lowest level socially allowed). Sunday will consist of varied attempts to make my computer play movies on the Tv and further NFL viewing. You might note that this does not include travel. I cannot leave the country. 'You're and American!' you might add, raising a fist that would put the fear of God and the US Air Force into that Moldavian border guard. But this problem is self-imposed. My passport is currently languishing at the Czech Consulate in NYC. I sent it there a month ago to get my near-mythical LONG TERM VISA. Due to bureaucratic intransegence in the area of 'pre-paid postage', my passport remains in a drawer somewhere. So although my trip to Kyiv for the Ukranian elections were stymied by lack of funds, my trip to Baghdad for the Iraqi elections will be stopped due to simple lack of government papers. Sigh. But don't worry, mom. I live in Eastern Europe - You never know when the next revolution will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home