Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday and such

Fridays aren't that cool for me anymore. I generally wake up at 11, go eat lunch, read a bit, and I'm at work at 2. I get off at ten, meet my gf downtown, then go to sleep. The problem here is that I do this EVERY DAY, not just Friday. I no longer have friday afternoon to laze around and be happy that I won't be at work until monday morning. No more happy hours, no summer sunsets on some mexican restaurant patio. No friday afternoons at Barton Springs (and believe me, this is the one i miss most). I guess i'm whining a bit here. I sleep in every day, yet have a job. I can go out every night. It's true. But it's just so damn cold and dark here that I feel like complaining. On to my next point: where are the blogs? Come on people, Blog was the most searched word on the internet in 2004. Well, maybe I made that up. But still, how am I still the only one blogging out there? I mean, lil'steve has got to be doing something interesting! Kyle can tell us stories about how girls get more desperate as they reach their late twenties. Paul can regale us with supreme cour criticism, amanda can just bitch about my own blog, Kejia can probably blow us all out of the water with that nice and shiny Princeton education...come on people! Anyway I might post something this weekend. My friend Ben is coming in for a week from Texas for some beer sampling. In his email he specifically cites the 'Roxy' as being a place he wants to go to. That's like saying you are going to New York City, but are really excited about seeing East Rutherford, NJ. But the Roxy is quite a place, and like the stinking mound of feces known as New Jersey, deserves its due. So everyone enjoy their weekend, drink the requisite amount of margaritas, watch some reality-tv reruns, and write me an email if you have something to say that is worth a response. Unlike me.

1 Comments:

At 1/08/2005 02:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, welcome to the real world. Europe is bad bad bad during winter time...you gotta get used to this.
Currently I am student and I have seen Berlin only once by daylight. That doesn´t mean that I am partying my ass off...This damn university is covering us with exams, case studies, project work and courses which last from morning till 8 in the evening.
I read that Ben is going to visit you this weekend...damn, I wish I had money and time to come to Prague. But I got a fucking hard exam on monday, but it´s going to be my last one in Berlin.
On 17. february I will leave to London for half a year. Hope this is going to be better than Berlin...
Say hi to Ben and the other fellows.
I don´t know if I got it right with this blog thing. This message sound smore linke a crappy e-mail.
Nevertheless, I have to start learning now...and stop complaining. Prague, best beer ever and thousands of good looking chicks...and you are an american. We as germans are treated there as fucking intruders and conquerers (I don´t know, where this is coming from ;))
kick ass
germany´s last real hero

 

Post a Comment

<< Home