Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Revelations and Apocrypha

I’ve decided that there are three phases in life: Childhood, Adolescence, and Adulthood. In childhood your parents tell you what to do. In adulthood you tell your children what to do. And in adolescence you don’t tell your parents what you do. --- Anyway I struck a blow against adolescence when I finally managed to go to the gym this morning. I woke up at 6:30 and accomplished a nourishing and invigorating bout of self-flagellation with a bar and two weights. This is a final, clean break with my old college lifestyle (wake up late, do something, then insert beer) which had persisted through my first job. Will this begin Nick's ascendence into adulthood? probably not...but at least it'll keep my beer belly in check.

2 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 05:08:00 PM, Blogger sarah said...

i actually went to the gym twice about two weeks ago... and that, my friend, was the end of that... and now, i sit on my butt all day, eating cheesecake... life is good

 
At 4/12/2006 11:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you used the word "apocrypha".

-k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home