Friday, May 06, 2005

Happy 2 days before V-E Day

Today's work attire consists of the following: 2) Tennis shoes, 2) White socks, 1) Pair of Gap Jeans, 1) White long-sleeved undershirt, and 1) 'Don't Mess with Texas' orange T-Shirt. My dress code is pretty linear - on monday i show up in a conservative dark shirt, with slacks, and nice shoes. By tuesday I'm wearing sneakers. Jeans usually show up thursday, if not wednesday. But today's the first day I've worn a t-shirt. And i'm getting paid, folks. I'm getting paid. Sunday is V-E Day, which stands for 'Victory in Europe' for those of you who watch 'American Idol' DVD-box sets. In celebration, I'm going to the town of Plzen (Pilsen) to drink beer and meet old american guys who will also be drinking beer. I hope to be regailed by hazy stories half remembered, half fabricated about drinking beer in west Bohemia. Maybe i'll even make a few stories of my own. I'm optimistic that beer + incoherent veterans + rusty military equipment = more fun than I've had in years. And tetanus.

1 Comments:

At 5/13/2005 03:04:00 PM, Blogger sarah said...

please update your blog! I look forward to reading about the daily happenings in Prague at 4pm central standard time... and this last week, well, this last week there was nothing to help pass the ticking minutes to the five o'clock whistle... which is usually a quarter to seven whistle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home